Wednesday, November 14, 2012


On Monday night, I completed the solder on the Mario piece.  I decided that I wasn't sure if the edges would fit perfectly into the wood frame, so I didn't want to put the patina on the piece until I double checked everything.  So Tuesday, I loaded up my miter saw, patina and wax, and my stained glass, and made my way back to Anything in Stained Glass.  Jack helped me check everything fit into the wood framing material and then we patina-ed and waxed the Mario piece.  After that, we pulled out the miter saw a cut the oak framing material to fit the piece.  We screwed everything together, and VOILA! the Mario piece is complete!

Here it is in all its glory!

I've already designed my next two pieces of glass, both based on the fabulous game Glitch.  The first piece is for a secret santa, so I will hold off posting the blogs on it until it is complete and mailed off.  Luckily, it is a small piece, so I should be able to post things rather soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment